Jolad rotti or Bhakri a well-known bread known as rotti & Bhakri at North-Karnataka, Maharashtra, and also prepared at Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan its a basic food prepared on a daily routine & it is one of the healthy good food which is gelatin free and a healthy millet.
Jowar is rated as a top 5 rating healthy grain
Jolad rotti is prepared as breakfast, lunch, and dinner too, it is served with different types of sabjis like dal made out of different green leafy vegetables and stuffed eggplant, stuffed capsicum, stuffed tomato, or with different types of millets & also with raw vegetables like onion, cucumber & many other as per one’s choice
Now let us check out some health benefits of having rotti in our daily to daily life
- Adding jowar roti on your diet plan will be one of the best choices you do as it is fat-free.
- Jowar helps in improving your digestive system.
- Good at controlling cholesterol level.
- Helps in improving your immune system.
- Good for Diabetic’s
Let us see how to prepare simple rotti flatbread with great Fiber in it!!
- Jowar flour – 1 bowl
- Water – 1 bowl same bowl measurement of flour
- Salt – to taste
- Take a pan to add one bowl of water & salt to taste
- Once the water starts to boil add the jowar flour
- mix properly till the dough is formed
- Add some more flour if needed to make it a soft dough
- now make a lemon size ball give a round and small flat shape
- Now pat the ball to make a roti shape and the size you want
- You can have an option of patting along with rolling with roti roller.
- In a meanwhile take a roti tawa heat the tawa & once the roti is done with patting slowly place it on a heated tawa
- Take a muslin cloth and dip it in water and apply on the roti
- once you find the water is evaporated than flip the roti and cook the other side by pressing it slightly with the help of a cloth
- Once the roti is cooked both the side add ghee or butter for additional taste.
- serve hot with curries or raw vegetables.